IoT Impacting IP Address Complexity
SolarWinds IP Address Manager Offers IT Pros the Power to Manage
Feb. 19, 2014 09:15 PM
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, announced its centralized IP address management solution, SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM), added support for ISC DHCP servers and for DHCP options, further enabling IT Pros to overlay the software on their existing systems and eliminating the need to "rip and replace" the multitude of servers that are often added as networks grow and as trends like BYOD and Internet of Things create a management burden.
IP Address Management a "Must Have" for IT Pros
In a recent SolarWinds survey*, 88 percent of IT Pro respondents agreed that IP address management is essential to overall network management. Their networks are growing and becoming increasingly complex: Over half of IT Pros manage more than 2,000 IP addresses and a third manage more than 5,000, many of which are distributed throughout dozens of remote sites. Further, IT Pros agree that they need an IP address management tool to address these challenges: 89 percent said they find value in using specialized IPAM tools and 77 percent said they have business justification for purchasing such tools.
"As businesses increasingly consider IP address management necessary for effective network management, growing trends such as BYOD and 'The Internet of Things' are making it more complicated by attaching a diverse and unpredictable array of devices to the network. IT Pros now have to manage hoards of new IP addresses and must consider how to consolidate their management platforms without disruptive 'rip-and-replace' upgrades or expensive new appliances," said Chris LaPoint, VP Product Management, SolarWinds. "SolarWinds IPAM's added support for ISC open-source DHCP and Bind DNS enables network administrators to overlay the new technology on top of their existing servers, ensuring high-performing and secure management of IP addresses."
SolarWinds IPAM provides centralized IP address management, monitoring, alerting and reporting for networks of any size, arming IT Pros with the automated and consolidated DHCP, DNS and IP address management solution they need to eliminate the growth challenges, the time wasted, and the complexity caused by the common static spreadsheet management of IP addresses.
What's new in SolarWinds IPAM:
- Support for ISC DHCP Servers - New simplified and open-source options for managing and monitoring Bind DNS and ISC DHCP servers further extend the existing multi-vendor management capabilities for Microsoft and Cisco DHCP servers all within a single console.
- Support for advanced RFC-compliant DHCP configuration options - Added support for the management of advanced DHCP options needed to support devices such as PXE and VoIP enable IT Pros to manage various servers' configuration settings, allowing them to convey IP addresses and critical configuration data to many devices on the network.
SolarWinds IP Address Manager Highlights:
- Centralized IP address management, monitoring, alerting and reporting on an entire IP address infrastructure -- even as it grows in size and complexity
- Integrated DHCP and DNS administration, unifying Microsoft, Cisco and ISC open-source systems and automating many administrative tasks by controlling them through a single management console
- Proactive monitoring across the network for IP configuration errors or insufficient resources, helping prevent network problems before they occur
- Powerful alerting and reporting from a centralized Web-based user interface, enabling IT Pros to generate insightful management reports and combine alerts and diagnostic tools
Pricing and Availability
SolarWinds IP Address Manager pricing starts at $1,995 and includes the first year of maintenance. For more information, including a downloadable, free 30-day evaluation, visit the SolarWinds website or call 866.530.8100.
Whiteboard blog: IP Address Management in the Age of BYOD and IoT
Connect with SolarWinds
*From December 9, 2013 to January 13, 2014 SolarWinds surveyed 195 IT Professionals from the thwack community about IP address management. Full survey results are available upon request.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our online community, thwack, to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com and thwack are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2522423
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine